In the theater classroom last week.

We studied our project in the theatre room last week. And I was a bit curious why we were researching our project here?

When our class started, I realized it was also a kind of process of our project. Actually, I have never got the class that is acting in a design course, so I was a bit impressed. Because we usually research and create references on the internet and a persona. A persona is the process of research before the result of a design project to find out the logic. 

During this class, I know that I missed a lot of details that I am supposed to do in my process, and checked again.

Last week, the class was like this roughly.
Firstly, I acted on one topic that I have chosen some exciting things in London; it was a kind of role-playing. (Last week, we looked around south bank in London to research.) And then, I created some typical situations that could be happened in my pick one topic in London last week.

There are three students and one tutor in our class, during this class, one of the students become a screenwriter in the group to imagine their topic and then described to the other students the topic with detail. After that, the other students acted about the topic. And we repeated actor and screenwriter by turns. That is the process of in the theatre room last week roughly.

This screenshot is explaining about my scenario to the other students and tutor.


This is the tutor's feedback to students.

In this process, I realized once again I missed a lot of details, then I thought about what is different between the UK park and our park and checked my scenario. Also, the acting was not just acting, and it was more useful than discovering references on the internet.

This way, we could approach more details easily that we are looking for.
Firstly, thereby, we are acting about our scenario, we could know more about missing points and could inspect our project. Also, when we are performing, using all the sense of body could be catching a minor situation from our scenario. And also, the script can be more natural by using our senses. So, we can polish our project with this.

In this way, we learned direct experience and indirect experience; there is a huge gap when we are especially examining some projects to combine between two cultures.



댓글

가장 많이 본 글